Friday, November 10, 2006

uhh.. what's this for?

It was in high school that I last had my school photos done (that's pretty clear, I think). That's all fine and dandy because my friends all had lockers or wallets in which they would love to put the picture as a memory of me for when we weren't hanging out together, which we pretty much always were (by the way, I still have loads of pictures of my friends from his school and I think it's fun to look at them every now and then.. Hmmm.. that'd be a great post. Why do we exchange pictures anyhow?). Grad pictures I can understand because it's an occasion to be remembered and we all (well, at least I like to think so) have profound wisdom about the beginning of our careers as a professional/career-person. But, let me ask you.. what am I supposed to do with these pictures now?? Give them to my students so they can carry them around? Oh, this is my teacher, Mme deVries. She's crazy and she likes to sing crazy things and tell us wild stories about her kid.

I can't think of anyone, except for my dear husband, who would want to have this to carry in his wallet (well, maybe my parents and sibs?)? Maybe, I'll just put the whole 24 wallets and what-not on my fridge with a big fat magnet?
This is me.. first year teacher, 17-month (plus pregnancy) mom and 3 year wife. Like it... or not.

10 Comments:

At 1:16 p.m. , Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

Nice picture. I usually looked like a dork in mine, or exhausted. I still have tons of those from when I taught.

 
At 1:30 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should offer your pictures as a NaBloPoMo prize :)

You look HAWT!

;)

 
At 2:07 p.m. , Blogger Care said...

Great pic Liz - you are adorable!

 
At 5:39 p.m. , Blogger Ian & Kristin Groves said...

I want a picture, it won't go in my wallet but i will put it on my cork board where my pictures go. Also I still have not received my family photo of your family. Plus, you look really good in that picture. That is all.

 
At 5:41 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok everyone - I think it's time we started calling Elizabeth "Anne Marie"! Wow, you look like your mom!
Beautiful pic though...and I would love to have one of these pics...after all, I think I've been collecting wallet-sized Elizabeth since kindergarten!!

 
At 10:51 p.m. , Blogger Robyn said...

Its a cute pic! The background is the one my sister had for highschool photos....about 16 years ago!

 
At 10:58 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I know what you mean, Elizabeth! All those complimentary photos from teaching all those years have piled up in our filing cabinet. Of course, when my kids grew up they sometimes asked for a picture of their Mom. That was cool because I thought, "Whew, I finally have something to do with all those pictures!"

Hunter will soon be asking for your photo! Just kidding; I think you have a few years of stashing them away before he'll be able to do that.

Thanks for the compliment, Linda. It's pretty fun having a daughter who looks kind of like me - even though I don't think I look anywhere near as nice as Elizabeth. I think we have kind of matching spirits! :)

You do look great, Elizabeth! (That's not a surprise!) You actually glow!

Please excuse my cheesy-ness, for all of you (who are not Elizabeth) reading this.
I come by my cheesy-ness honestly - from my daughter!!!

 
At 5:08 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should sell them on ebay. Or have a contest on your blog and say "Surprise prize" and give them all to the winner.

 
At 8:07 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still a great photo! What to do with them though? I have no clue...love the e-bay idea of Candace lol

 
At 10:46 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you look great too! It's a great question what you do with the wallets. They could make an interesting background for a scrapbook page. You could stick them on and some of them could open as flaps with stories from your year of teaching. (I have an obsession if you couldn't tell.)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home