Thursday house
As my household rushes to get all things done throughout the week, much is left lying around. It's terrible, really, that I can't seem to find the time, during the week, to get the little jobs done. Thursday afternoon (my last day of work), I get home and it all hits the fan.
1)The dishes haven't been washed and put away since Sunday and are lying all over the kitchen, stacked on the counters and the stovetop.
2)My work clothes are piled on the floor and my basketball bag from Sunday night is still un-emptied. The laundry hamper is over-full and spilling onto the floor.
3)The bathroom hosts a garbage full of dirty diapers and dental floss.
4) The kitchen compost sits frozen outside the sliding door, not yet emptied into the bin outside in the garden.
5) The computer room floor is littered with toys and my work desk is stacked to the top of my monitor with papers and binders and boxes and bags and envelopes of things to be tackled and unpacked.
6) This week, there are also carved pumpkins on the kitchen floor and the counter and the table, waiting to be cooked and then used.
I just step back and ask myself... who lives here? I am a neat-freak, how in the heck is this my house? I can't stand disorder and will admit to nagging my poor (someone at work called him "hen-pecked") husband to clean up his messes. These can't all be mine, can they? They (okay, fine, I) say that all members in a household are equally responsible in it's upkeep. Oops.
bawk bawk...
I guess I am the hen... and I am ready for roasting.**edited to add** Happy Birthday Rebecca and Adora!!!

6 Comments:
Wow, I know how you feel! It seems like the housework just keeps multiplying before I have a chance to catch up.
I don't know how you guys do it. Run a house and work. We are so lucky to have a maid
I feel your pain, Liz. Sometimes something has to give and unfortunately it is usually the house.
Maureen
Ugh I hate that! And I'm not even a neat freak. I always feel a little virtuous that I'm prioritising time with my kids and husband over indulging my need for order though....so really a mess is a sign of a GOOD wife and mom! :)
I hear ya, my house looks like that too after our trip, I am about to tackle it as soon as I finish reading your blog...
It's amazing how quickly messes build up, especially once kids are in the mix.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home