A scale-y confusion
Hunter likes to play with calibration on our bathroom scale. My pre-prego weight, at home, was 130 lbs. At the Doctor's office it was 133.5 lbs. The clinic scale is the slider one. My last weigh-in was, at the clinic, 138.5 lbs at 16 weeks three days. I don't weigh at home because my scale gets played with too much.
Now, I am at twenty weeks. I have an appointment on Thursday. I was curious to see what my weight is at. I stepped on the scale at my in-laws. The weight 144 lbs. I said "Whoa, your scale is heavy." Fran reported to me that this scale is actually six pounds lighter than the scale where she works out. That scale is one of the slider types, like the one at the clinic. Ummm... that'd put me at 150 lbs. Already. My final weight with Hunter was 161 lbs. I gained 26 lbs in my first pregnancy (41.3 weeks).
That means that, since I first found out I was pregnant, I have put on twenty pounds from my at-home-scale weight. Ummmm.... not so sure about that one.
I'm not stressed out about weight gain, well, not unless I have put on twelve pounds in four weeks. I just find it interesting to see that the scales we "trust" to give us our body image can vary so much. SO. MUCH. I'm very curious to see what my clinic weigh-in shows up at, now that I have thought about this so much. Verrry verrry curious. If I'm already at +20 lbs, it's going to be a loooooong last half of the pregnancy, that's for sure! *edited to add Just for the record, I feel great (despite occasional nausea) and I feel good about the way my body is handling and showing pregnancy #2. Plus little kicks and rolls, in the afternoon and evening, from the little one make my days ever better than they already are.*
Here's some comparison shots for your interest.
At 14 weeks 3 days
At 15 weeks 3 days (not the best pic because my back is cut off, I look pokier in this picture than the next week)
At 19 weeks 3 days (excuse the post-nap hair and makeup)
Labels: pregnancy

9 Comments:
Yes- something is definitely off with your scales!
You look great!
Regardless of how much you've gained, you're ALL belly! You look great!
I love the photo timeline of your growing belly!! You look amazing Liz, glad the pregnancy is going smoothly. Can't wait to see you guys again!
I think you are looking great and as though you have only put on baby weight. Don't worry too much
You really don't look as though you've gained 20 pounds! I say forget the scale and go by how you feel. ;)
You're so cute.
Your weight seems to be on your mind a lot these days. Not that I talk to you much these days - but I don't rememeber you being very concerned with it last time.
I wish we could all be as cute preggo as you are. I bet there'd be more pregnant people.
You're looking awesome... and if you're feeling good, then that's what matters!
you look great!
once again belly belly belly! hehehe...
love ya!
Yeah well, your weight now is better than mine and I no longer have a baby growing in my belly. Just junk growing in my trunk.
you look awesome Liz. Looks kinda like a girl to me.
What the heck, we need to see you three again.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home