Friday, August 10, 2007

a baking frenzy and a "pitty" party

Ummm.. nesting much?

In the last three days, I haven't rested as much as I am supposed to (hmm... maybe that leads to the low weight gain). Anyhow, I have been busy getting food stored for down the road.

Yesterday, I prepared two trays of lasagnes and two trays of chicken enchiladas, plus five loaves of banana bread and a batch of banana muffins. Also, I made two different dinners for last night, only one of which we ate - turkey chili (thanks, Jess - soooo deelish!)


The day before that I helped my parents (only I wasn't much help) pit 48 quarts of apricots for themselves. "Pitty" party, get it?

The day before that my Mommy and I pitted and canned 22 quarts and 22 pints of apricots for my little family (should last us a few years, at least). Thanks Mom!

To top it off, my Mother-in-law and I went to the fabric store and picked up some sweet fabrics for me to sew my own mei tai, ring sling and moby wrap, plus a few other tidbits. Thanks Fran. I'm going to be a busy girl. So far, I managed to sew some faceclothes and wash my fabric before I got sucked into my fresh groceries and my stocking of food.


blue - wrap, grey - mei tai, brown print - ring sling


all for accent panels to add to my mei tai

for facecothes and such

just too cute to pass up, faceclothes, accent panels, who knows I just had to get 'em!

On the needed ultrasound front, I am just waiting for the hospital to call to set up my time for the ultrasound and non-stress test. For the record, I'm only a little nervous that they might tell me they need to induce me (I want to see what it's like when it happens by itself, because I've already been induced once) sooner, not worried about baby. With Hunter, I had to have two late ultrasounds because they were worried I wasn't growing (as in my fundal height was a little small) as I "should have been". There were no issues and Hunter was a good weight, 7lbs 0.5 oz, when he was born. This week, Doc says that my fundal height is less than it was last week and my weight has stayed the same, so they want to check me out. I'm looking forward to getting a glimpse of this little one, who is still as active as ever!

Note to self.. rest!

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At 10:49 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! you have been busy, busy, busy. good luck with the last couple weeks of your pregnancy. try to get some rest ;) can't wait to meet the newest devries.

 
At 1:40 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Busy girl! I love the fabrics.

I'm sure all is well - you're just lucky enough not to have monster babies like I do. Keep us posted!

Big hugs :)

 
At 2:02 p.m. , Blogger Damselfly said...

Wow! You know it won't be long. You sure you have enough time to do all that sewing! Amazing. Where do you get patterns to sew those wraps and slings? If you can share that with me, I'd appreciate it. growingalife at gmail dot com.

I love the monkey/palm tree and frog/turtle fabrics!

Blessings....

 
At 3:26 p.m. , Blogger Jen said...

Wow! Busy gal. You've reminded me of all the stuff I'd like to do.

I love your fabrics. I like to make my own receiving blankets because I find the store bought ones too small. Now I'm all excited to go pick out my fabrics and patterns. :)

Hope all goes well with the ultrasound!

 
At 5:02 p.m. , Blogger Maureen said...

Good luck with the ultrasound and non stress test. It's all good. Keep up the good work.

 
At 7:08 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

STOP!!! You're making me tired!
-Danica

 
At 7:47 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

holy cow you've been a busy girl!!! Maybe all this work you've been doing will put you into labor!! lol

 
At 11:26 p.m. , Blogger Amanda Franks said...

So much fun! I just "booked" Nick for my next all day cooking day and am in the process of cutting out the pieces for the nursery decor! I love projects! I had to go for a 'late' ultrasound as well, but at 41 weeks because I started losing weight, hope all is well for you as it was in the past, are you going to ask about the gender?? I already guessed in the baby pool so I'm not cheating......

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home