Friday, October 27, 2006

out of line

Last week, I had a parent give me some sweet new stickers and tell me about the greatest new dollar store in Kam. I was pretty stoked on that, because, as a teacher (and a woman) I can do serious damage at a dollar store and get pretty sweet stuff! So, I went there after I picked up Justin from work today (I had the day off).
It was great. There were a lot of things that I could put to good use. SO.. I filled my cart. Meanwhile, Hunter was't too pleased about having to sit in the cart and kept trying to stand, then Justin (fresh from work, like I mentioned) had a massive headache. So.. my boys not too happy, I was blissful in the bargains. We tried to leave twice, but I got distracted... The boys can't handle it so they went outside. I filled the cart and wandered some more (very quick wandering , at this point). I headed to the line-up (quite long). I pick the shortest line (because I don't have Justin's problem, but he often won't listen to me) and wait for a bit. Once I get about four people forward (two away from paying), I notice a sign. It reads: "Sorry, CASH ONLY. No credit cards or debit transactions. All sales are final."

Cash? What's that?
I ditched my cart (sorry employees, that's annoying) and went home empty-handed.
Maybe I'll return tomorrow to pick up my goods?

2 Comments:

At 7:50 a.m. , Blogger Vicki said...

That is so frustrating. They should have a sign on the door, on their flourescent poster board (It only costs $1...)telling their customers that vital info. Who carries cash anymore?

 
At 3:31 p.m. , Blogger Jen said...

The EXACT same thing happened to me. Everyone was ranting and raving about this great new Dollarama that opened up. I went there, saw it was great, filled my basket and saw the same sign. FRUSTRATING!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home