Yummy Turky Chili
I made this a few weeks ago when we had family over for dinner (on my crazy cooking day). Here's the recipe in case you are interested in trying it out.
Low-Fat Turkey Chili
2 lbs ground turkey
1/2 cup each red and green peppers, diced
1 1/2 Tbsp chopped garlic
1 large onion, chopped
cooking oil
1 Tbsp chili powder
2 Tbsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp oregano
1 1/2 Tbsp chicken bouillon base
4 - 6 tomatoes processed in blender or 1 can tomatoes
2 - 3 cups water (may seem like too much liquid so maybe add tomato paste to thicken, later)
1/4 tsp sugar (or to taste)
1 can baked black beans (no idea what size can this is, I used 2-750g yogurt containers of pre-cooked and then frozen black beans)
3 canned chipotle chilies, seeded and chopped fine (to taste)
pepper (to taste)
tabasco or habanero sauce (to taste)
Sauté ground turkey, one pound at a time, in a large skillet.
Sauté all vegetables in oil and add to cooked turkey.
Stir in chili powder, cumin, oregano, chicken bouillon base and tomatoes.
Add water and sugar.
Bringto a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
Add black beans, tabasco and chilies.
Simmer 10 more minutes.
Add pepper and habanero sauce.
When I last made this, I halved the recipe (because I didn't have enough ground turkey) and it served 5. This time, I made a full batch and I have lots of leftovers.
Let me know how you like it?
Low-Fat Turkey Chili
2 lbs ground turkey
1/2 cup each red and green peppers, diced
1 1/2 Tbsp chopped garlic
1 large onion, chopped
cooking oil
1 Tbsp chili powder
2 Tbsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp oregano
1 1/2 Tbsp chicken bouillon base
4 - 6 tomatoes processed in blender or 1 can tomatoes
2 - 3 cups water (may seem like too much liquid so maybe add tomato paste to thicken, later)
1/4 tsp sugar (or to taste)
1 can baked black beans (no idea what size can this is, I used 2-750g yogurt containers of pre-cooked and then frozen black beans)
3 canned chipotle chilies, seeded and chopped fine (to taste)
pepper (to taste)
tabasco or habanero sauce (to taste)
Sauté ground turkey, one pound at a time, in a large skillet.
Sauté all vegetables in oil and add to cooked turkey.
Stir in chili powder, cumin, oregano, chicken bouillon base and tomatoes.
Add water and sugar.
Bringto a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
Add black beans, tabasco and chilies.
Simmer 10 more minutes.
Add pepper and habanero sauce.
When I last made this, I halved the recipe (because I didn't have enough ground turkey) and it served 5. This time, I made a full batch and I have lots of leftovers.
Let me know how you like it?
Labels: kitchen fun

1 Comments:
Still too hot in these parts to think of chili - we're still above 100 F. Gotta wait 'til end of October. But I do love chili and will have to give your recipe a try.
Cumin IS a great spice!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home