Isn't it ironic?
I am leaving tomorrow morning on a two-night overnight field trip with my grade 6/7 class. I have never been away from Hunter for more than twelve hours and I have NEVER been away overnight, not to mention two nights with hardly any contact (like, as in, no phone). I'm a little sad that this is the first time we will be apart for so long. Couldn't it be because I'm going somewhere wild like Hawaii or the Dominican Republic? A field trip?? If you ask me, it's a lame reason to be away from my kid for the first time.
I haven't started packing yet. I spent all day today (well, three and a half hours of it), on my DAY OFF, at the school trying to get the copying all completed for my students' work duo-tangs for the trip. Hunter opened the copier door and jammed up the copier for the whole school. Yeah, terrific, I know. Did my copying get done? No. He could at least have waited until I was on my last copy. Just goes to prove that I should not be trying to work, with my son in tow, on my days off! It's also report card week. (oops, sorry staff)
Anyhow, I have not started packing yet. I think that everything is going smoothly for the students so far. I'm not sure but nobody has seemed to have any huge issues, anyhow. So, we leave tomorrow morning and I'm not ready to go. I was just laying down with Hunter, thinking that I should probably start getting my gear together. I realized that I should probably be the one getting up earliest, as I am the person in charge. Hmm... I only have plug-in alarm clocks. I suppose I could just drink a lot of water before bed and rely on the pee-clock. It's pretty darn reliable. I certainly hope the puke-clock is turned off for the trip. Hmm... oh well, I'll figure something out. Maybe I will borrow Justin's watch for the trip. He'll be without a crucial element of his day but at least I won't sleep in on my students.
I ran out to check the mail.
I have a parcel!
TIM.E magazine sent me an alarm clock. How did they know? Did I unknowingly subscribe to their magazine??? Whatever, thanks guys!
Updated to add: Kristin wins the teacher pencil. We just returned from the doctor and I'm up five pounds. Good job Kristin! I'll contact you to get your mailing info.
Labels: confessions, H-dawg, life

5 Comments:
Yay for me!
Too funny that you just got an alarm clock!
You are right, it is a little sad that you will be away from Hunter for 2 nights because of a field trip... maybe you'll have to go for a better reason in the near future. :)
Hope the trip goes well though!!
5 pounds is good! You need it, you're a rail!! LOL. I hope you have a great time on your trip, and I can't imagine how much you're going to miss the boy, but you'll make it!
Don't worry, you'll be ok without Hunter for a couple of nights... and you're lucky to have a good husband to take care of the lil guy :).
This post made me think of 2 things:
- I think a good reason to be away from Hunter for a couple of nights would be if you sent him with Mom to visit me in April. tee hee :)
- from Zoolander: "Lucky for you, not many people I know read your little 'Time' Magazine."
hahaa... I hope you got that or else it's just really random.
love love
a
Oh, i love getting parcels! That's cool they sent you an alarm clock.
Hope your field trip goes well!
You sound stressed and I'm sorry to hear it. Hunter will do surprisingly well without you, and the reunion will be sweet. I love field trips, I wish I could come!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home