Today, I did no school work. I didn't even think about my students or what I have to do before this week begins. J was away, so I spent the day with my son. I feel so relaxed that I did that, and so thankful for the miracle that he is. 
We started an ice fort... here are the photos from day 1, stage 1 and 2. I will post the later stages when they are complete...


This morning, Hunter totally surprised me. He has a lot of words in his vocabulary already, but the rate at which he is getting new ones has slowed quite a bit. He hasn't had a lot of new words for a while, actually, he has just started to say "Hadow" (Heather, my sis)!
Anyhow, this morning he awoke and asked for a book (as he does most mornings). So, we toddled out to the living room to get one. I plunked on the couch and sent him off to pick one out. He pulled out a book and brought it to me saying "Book. Baba" Hmm... baba, a new word.
I took the book and sure enough, the title of the book, in big bold letters.. Baba!
Once I got over the shock that he can read, just kidding, I started to think about it. I seriously did think "Oh my goodness, he can read!" for a fleeting moment before I realized that.. uhh no, of course he can't. We read this story to him a lot and it has a little girl's blanket, whish she calls "Baba". It's so cool that he remembers it and knows that that word is in the book enough for it to stick in his memory!

3 Comments:
oooh an ice fort sounds cool, tell me more......
Jess
I love it when Ian and I are reading a book, and if I should stop midsentence, he'll finish it. He has those books memorized! Kids, so amazing to watch them learn!
Good for you for spending the day with your very important little man! And, whew! That memory of his sure is getting better. Isn't it exciting when you realize that things are really starting to click for them?? Soon enough he'll start 'reading' to you and telling you his own version of bedtime stories!
I'm so jealous, you guys are prepping for a snow fort!! Wish I was there!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home