Thursday, December 28, 2006

terrible terrible terrible

I'm a terrible mother.
I haven't printed off any of my digital photos of Hunter since last January! It's going to be one huge trip to the photo place.. and one huge bill! I'd better get on it, because I keep taking more and more. It's not going to get any easier. I'm going to need about twelve albums - one for each month of the year. Then, there is all the work of writing on them to record who, when and what... whew!

Also, I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for the best way to preserve their blog, in a hard copy. Do you just select every single entry, save and print? What do you do? I'd like to be able to get my comments, too, Any suggestions?

14 Comments:

At 5:39 p.m. , Blogger Heather said...

I'd like to preserve my blog too- Liz let me know what you figure out!

 
At 6:03 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL if that is the worst Hunter has to complain of, then he's a fortunate little boy! :)
I have no advice for preserving your blog though, sorry! I heard a horror story of a blog being chewed up so I've been painstakingly going back through mine and saving entries to a word doc but it takes FOREVER. If you find a better way please let me know as well!

 
At 6:28 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Elizabeth,
Have you ever tried ordering your digital prints online from either Wal Mart or Costco? You can order from the comfort of your own home, and when you are ready, just go pick them up. Works for me. www.walmart.ca

 
At 10:19 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry, no help on the blog-preservation front either, but I was just talking to someone about picture developing and every few months Superstore has a sale on their prints - they're usually 24 cents each I think and they mark them down all the way down to 12 cents sometimes. Walmart's screwed up my pictures one too many times, I vote Superstore all the way!

 
At 12:40 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just thinking about the preservation thing too. I wonder if there are any tips online.

 
At 2:31 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't print out photos of the kids. Every now and then I'll decide to change those that we have in frames (and we have lots) but I never put any in albums

 
At 5:41 a.m. , Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

I'm way behind on printing pictures too. One disadvantage of digital photography, you can procrastinate.

I'm copying the text and pictures into Word. Of course, like printing pictures, I'm way behind on that too.

 
At 12:28 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I seem to remember an online program that will export your blog into a book-like form that you can print out. If I remember what it's called I'll let you know.

 
At 12:55 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I use Word for backing up too, but it does take forever...and I did 2 years of photos recently at London Drugs when they had a sale. Walmart is cheap...but it shows in the print quality :)

 
At 6:53 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't print off pictures. I only do when my mom says " Oh I love that pic you have on your blog! Make me a copy!!" I upload all my photos to Shutterfly.com. It's free and I can always order prints or make greeting cards from them. They all are on there so if anything, God forbid happend to my hard drive, they are safe.


As for the blog issue. When I messed up my old blog and couldn't access it, I was still able to copy and paste all the posts including comments to Word. I did one at a time and it took 5 hours!!! I'll do the same with the new one too. Just maybe do a month's worth a day or so. I'm did it though because I want to print them all off and make them into a book for Landon to read someday:)

 
At 9:28 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rebekah gets her photos done at London Drugs. She says the quality is up there and very consistent.

 
At 10:23 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can also order throught Black's Photography online and they will send them to you... Thats who does all my photos... no complaints here.

 
At 1:25 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elizabeth, I haven't tried this myself and I only skimmed the page (supposed to be getting ready to go to Church, gotta run!) but I found this on a quick google search. http://www-personal.umich.edu/~hparikh/scripts/sob.html

 
At 1:54 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I'm organised now and with a little time to spare. I ran the sob.exe thing from that link (I did a quick check on the author and it seemed ok) and it worked! I've got my blog saved in monthly archives as an html doc on my desktop now :) It opens in MS Office Frontpage and I could access my comments too. Hope that helps :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home