Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Missed my boys

I've been spoiled. I got to spend practically every single day all summer with my two boys. I've spent every single day with my little boy, from the day that he was conceived, until today. There have, of course, been a few hours that fall exception to that statement, however, today it was from 7am until 2:30pm. That is a long time! Why were we apart for that long, you ask? The normal substitute teacher day consists of about 8am until 3pm. Well, I got a phone call last night from a principal of a dual track school (that means that they have English and French Immersion classes), looking to see if I was interested in taking a full week job of starting off a brand new class. Hmm... I thought a bit and talked to Justin... four/five days of full time work, in exchange for a thousand bucks? Okay. So, I fed Hunter yesterday afternoon and was at the school for about four hours getting the classroom ready for the kids.

Today I discovered that I am not yet ready for full time work! Don't get me wrong, I had a terrific day and I really enjoyed the kids and Hunter was awesome for his Funny Heather and Justin had the chance to work and make us some more money.. but... now I have to plan my days until the end of the week and even mark some work! Ordinarily, I would love that, but not today. Not with my little baby boy sitting in his swing, upset because his Daddy is upstairs cleaning the kitchen and his silly Mommy is trying to have a little bit of down time before she figures out what the heck she is going to do with 24 grade 4/5s until Friday afternoon....

I love teaching, I just need to wait a little bit longer before I have my own classroom. All of you with families and full time jobs.. YOU ARE INCREDIBLE WOMEN!!!!!

P.S. You'll just have to wait a bit, for the deVries clan, until I get back into my blogging routine.

3 Comments:

At 7:44 a.m. , Blogger Maureen said...

Liz,
You are incredible too!!! Leaving your children when they are young is a very difficult thing to do. It's great that you know how you feel and aren't afraid to say it. You need to take care of yourself and your family and that's exactly what you are doing. Keep up the great work and work when you want to. It's that was tocing is all about. . . saying no when you don't want to work?

Maureen

 
At 3:07 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love chicken salad too!

 
At 3:10 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My sweet Elizabeth. You are an amazing person, and an amazing mom. You are more talented than you ever know. Your love for people and kids reflects on you. Your love of life will follow you and bless you. Just leave everything in God's hands and he will take care of you. Don't worry. Love Fran

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home