An eyebrow what?
Well, some of you may know that I don't have normal eyebrows. They are two separate entities, but they grow all over tha place... in every direction, I mean. So, I need to deal with that issue... In my previous experience, plucking has not been effective. I, apparently, have issues with plucking the same amount and have (only once) plucked a little (or a lot) too much. So, I have taken to getting them waxed. However, I am kinda out of it on the personal appearance perspective and I don't tend to upkeep as much as I should (hence, I go through a razor every time I shave my legs... twice a year, maybe?.. uhhh not really that bad, but pretty bad). So, back to the story.
Tuesday, I had an appointment to get my eyebrows done. The esthetician I was seeing is really popular and really good. I plunked myself down on the bed and explained that I needed something that wouldn't need much upkeep, as I don't do well with primping, etc. Okay, she understands what I need, we will need to pluck a little. On we go. No problem.
Brush brush brush, she smooths my eyebrows. I feel oh so relaxed and pampered. "I should come here more often"
Applies wax, applies cloth, press, rip and done one.
Applies wax, applies cloth, press, rip and done two.
Wax touch up between the brows - same routine.
Sweet, I think. That was so fast and so relaxing. I feel terrific.
Then come the tweezers... What the heck, I paid for an eyebrow wax, not an eyebrow pluck?!
Let's just say... my pain tolerance was being severely pushed. I was frustrated and NOT relaxed. Just when I thought that it was over, she would touch up again.
I wanted to ask for an epidural (side note.. I should probably learn to deal with pain if I plan to deliver further children without pain meds). Okay, fine, I admit it... I'm a wuss.

8 Comments:
I don't blame you! I got my eyebrows waxed once and have yet to muster the courage to go back.
:)
I always get mine waxed - they're mostly blond so I can't see them well enough to pluck them evenly myself. But I've never had a waxing without the esthetician doing a touch up pluck. My brows are numb by now I guess.
You think THAT hurts? I had my ARMPITS waxed before my wedding.
And never agin :)
hehehe..
I get mine threaded.. it's even more painful than waxing.. but it's SUPER cheap and takes about 2 minutes... it's great..
If you enjoy pain! hah!
I dont want to say anything right now, This is all to funny for me - Jen Watson
LOL glad you survived that!
it must have been a man who invented waxing, women aren't that cruel!
you're a braver woman than I! Hot wax + any of my body parts = wincing, screaming, and expletives being said. But I'm obssessed about plucking my eyebrows. When the full-brows were coming back into style I had to practice serious restraint.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home