Wednesday, November 16, 2005

not a cat person

The truth is out there.. I am not a cat person. I just can't relate to them, I guess.

Anyhow, sitting at the computer yesterday I heard some meowing and I ventured into the laundry room to find where it was coming from. As the noise got louder near the door, I opened it to discover the cutest little furball streak through the carport and hide behind our garbage bin. Of course, I pursued it and sent the cat under the car. There, I stooped and found two little kittens huddled together under our car. Sooooo cute! Scared stiff, too. J comes along, he is cat friendly, and decides that we should catch them and keep them. I repeat - I am not a cat person. So, I was a little blinded by the cute-ness of the fuzzballs... after a late afternoon/early evening cat hunt with Devon and Sarra, J cau ght the kittens, in the snow, and brought them inside. I gave the one poopy cat a bash and discovered a yucky sore on its rear. I made sure to keep the little boy well awa from them - wild farm cats, you don't know what they could carry.. anyhow, we had cats! We even named them - Yzma and Cronk! Good names, eh? Anyhow, we had the cats overnight and then returned them to the neighbours, (from whence they came) to be returned to the farm.

I'd never forgive myself if I got a kitten because it'd turn into a cat! Gasp! Get me a puppy, because I can handle the dog part.

I know, I know, they aren't that bad...

4 Comments:

At 7:42 p.m. , Blogger Maureen said...

I totally agree, Liz. Kittens are nice, but they grow into cats. I am a dog person too.

Maureen

 
At 9:07 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very smart girl - stay away from those cats, especially the wild ones! I'm sure that they're much happier back at the farm, don't you agree?
By the way, thanks for cheering me up this afternoon. Being sick isn't fun! Hunter's smiles and your kind comments were so wonderful!

 
At 11:20 p.m. , Blogger Jen said...

hehe.. liz of the jungle (or the carport... whatever works)
I am so grateful for your friendship as well.
time passes, but friendship doesn't.
Take care you, can't wait to see you guys again!

 
At 10:57 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't understand how you can not be a cat person, i mean they're so cute, and cuddly and purry.

"is that my voice? is the MY VOICE?!"

"hey, i've been turned into a cow, can I go home now?"

good movie

cats rule, dogs drool

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home